|Panorama of St Malo, one of the most beautiful fortified towns in Brittany|
St Malo acted for centuries as the fortified gate to Norhern France.
The town of St Malo in Brittany can easily be a holiday destination with its beautiful Medioeval architecture, its old walls and its fortification, but historically St Malo was one of the most important gates to enter in France.
Follow our photographic tour if you are planning to visit St Malo and Dinard:
1) Start from the famous ramparts surrounding the town of St Malo and protecting the harbour, they offer a wonderful walk around the town with great views towards the bay.
2) Stop to one of the many beaches along the harbour, relax and enjoy the sun and the wonderful views.
3) Walk in the old town and its beautiful cobbled streets and enjoy the beautiful shops and the “Best ice cream in Brittany at Sanchez ice cream shop.
It's your day finished?
Look at the other side of the harbor and admire the beautiful villas on the other side at Dinard!
4) Dinard is famous for its imposing Victorian Villas built by Englishmen at the end of the 19 Century.
5) Enjoy the view of Dinard's Bay.
The villas are still decorating Dinard today, now owned by rich Parisians in love with this town rich of charm and style.
6) Walk along the harbour and the sandy beach to enjoy the best of Dinard or visit during Dinard Cinema Festival.
7) Finally don't miss Hitchcock statue in front of the beach. It commemorates the important link between Dinard and the Cinema.
A special thanks goes to Solange and Julien Redon from Lamballe for making this post possible!
Read more posts on our page Visit France.
- follow us on Google+1, clicking on the G+1 button on the right column of this page
- subscribe to our free newsletter: insert your email on the box on the right column on this page, so that you wil recieve the updates by email (note that when you subscribe you will recieve an email from "feedburner email subscription" asking you to confirm your subscription. Remember to confirm it and be aware that most of the time your email's filters will consider the confirmation email spam and so to find it and reply to it you have to look on your spam folder as well)